Jerome is an associate with Roebothan McKay Marshall, with over 30 years’ legal experience. In his time at our firm, Jerome has built a practice focused on Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Corporate-Commercial, and Criminal Law. Especially passionate about wrongful convictions, Jerome helped prove the innocence of Gregory Parsons and Ronald Dalton at the 2005 Lamer Inquiry into Wrongful Convictions in Newfoundland and Labrador. He has argued over 50 appeals, including six at the Supreme Court of Canada. Needless to say, Jerome believes in Justice, with a capital “J”.
LEGAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Association in Defence of the Wrongly Convicted
- Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
- 1981 — Bachelor of Arts (Honours) from Memorial University of Newfoundland
- 1984 — Bachelor of Laws from the University of New Brunswick
- 1985 — Called to the Newfoundland and Labrador Bar
- 2014 — Currently enrolled in Master of Laws (LLM-Criminal) at York University, Toronto