David McKay, K.C.
Personal Injury, Real Estate, Corporate-Commercial, Estate Matters
Kristen Head (Paralegal)
Susan Wall (Real Estate Assistant)
David McKay is a former partner of Roebothan McKay Marshall and is currently an Associate with the firm after retiring from the partnership in 2020.
As an Associate, David continues to lend his experience and expertise gained from his 40 years’ practicing law. With the firm, David developed a successful practice focused on Personal Injury, Real Estate, Corporate-Commercial, and Estate Matters.
In his spare time, David is an active member of the community; he is former president and director of the Mount Pearl Lions Club and is currently a Volunteer Coach with the St. John’s Minor Soccer Association.
Legal Memberships and Affiliations
- Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Canadian Bar Association
- Past Member of the Practice Rules Compliance Committee
- Past Chair of the Young Lawyers Section, Newfoundland and Labrador Branch, Canadian Bar Association
- 2024 — Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Lawyers by Best Lawyers
- 1977 — Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) Degree from Memorial University of Newfoundland
- 1980 — Bachelor of Laws Degree from the University of Alberta
- 1980 — Called to the Newfoundland and Labrador Bar
- Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador (Trial Division and Court of Appeal)
- Provincial Court of Newfoundland
- Past President and Director of the Mount Pearl Lions Club
- Former Director of the Newfoundland and Labrador Lung Association
- Volunteer Coach of St. John’s Minor Soccer Association
- Volunteer Coach and Member of Association Amalgamation Committee of Avalon Minor Hockey Association